- A tank with a capacity of more than 110 gallons but less than 1,100 gallons.
- A tank situated above ground or underground.
- The tank is used for storing motor fuel for non-commercial purposes.
- The tank is located on property used primarily for dwelling purposes.
Insurance Coverage Offered by PSTF
- For owners or operators of residential tanks, no more than $100,000 per occurrence and no more than $100,000 annual aggregate.
- $2,000 deductible per annum.
Storage Tanks Eligible for Insurance
Eligible residential tanks are those tanks that meet the following criteria:
- Applicable fees have been paid.
- The residential tank is in compliance with any applicable state or federal rules and regulations, including the Uniform Fire Code if an above ground tank.
- The tank is used only for the storage of petroleum products.
- Any contamination caused by or released by or from the tank has been cleaned up, or a plan for cleanup or removal approved by the Department of Environmental Quality is being implemented; provided, however, that the trust fund shall not pay for any costs associated with prior contamination.
- Additional underwriting requirements may apply.
$25 per tank per year application fee.
How to Apply and for Detailed information
Call 208-332-8100 or 1-877-997-7664, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application. Mail application to: Petroleum Storage Tank Fund, PO Box 83720, Boise ID 83720-0044.Click here for application
Underwriting records are exempt from public disclosure, Idaho Code Section 74-109.